MIMI-TORIA"S DESIGNS ONLINE Square Market Online Store

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Trash to Treasure for my Neck" by Mimi-Toria's

Welcome to another "Nifty Thrifty Tuesday" gathering of friends.  I am going to show some recent photos of jewelry I've created with "found elements", thrifted treasures and antique shop scores.  Enjoy!
This piece shown is one of my more intricate and time consuming creations.  These elements were garnered over years of thrifting, scrounging and shopping for various one-of-a-kind treasures that resulted in this design.  The bakelite yellow bird was purchased at an antique shop recently with a mix of other elements for $1.00.  Yes, it was a fabulous find and really pulled it together.  The amber crystal element was found at another antique shop last week, for a very fair price as well.  The vintage paste bracelet and focal paste piece were from yet another antique shop.  

So the moral of my blog post, is that not only can you thrift at "Thrift Stores", but if you get lucky, you can thrift at your local antique shop, occasional sale store, and/or Flea Market as well. 

Thanks for taking the time to view my post today.  I'd love to hear a comment from you if you have the time.
  Gretchen
 

6 comments:

  1. WOW! I love the piece! Different and I like different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen - this is just fabulous! I love the amber mixed with the glitz and bakelite - one of my favs!!!

    Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that necklace! You are very talented! Gives me some ideas on things to look for next time I am on the hunt!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gretchen I am sooooo loving this piece! You really are so inspiring ~ I litterally have bags and bags of trinkets that I have been neglecting to get to. Now I am feeling the urge to get to work!
    Gorgeous ~ Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Es una pieza fabulosa y muy original como tu trabajo excelente!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh...what pretty bakelite...luv it! Happy NTT! Hope you have a FUN week Gretchen:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I am so thankful you took the time to let me know what you think about what I write and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :)

Mimi-Toria's Design Jewelry Style