MIMI-TORIA"S DESIGNS ONLINE Square Market Online Store

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Exotic Pumpkin Patch

My sister and I went to this exotic pumpkin farm on Saturday to buy some pumpkins and I was so impressed by it, that I decided to blog about it and share it with others. I hope you enjoy it.

This is their business card, so to learn more this is the information you will need.

The owner has all of this great information posted by each of the varieties that he sells and hopefully, I have most of them identified with the correct photo of the pumpkins.




These seeds are suppose to be outstanding. He even gives his customers
the recipe for making the seeds after they've enjoyed the pumpkin as a decoration.

What a beautiful pumpkin!


I love the coloring of these pumpkins above.



One of my favorites are these blue/grey squash.



I love the shape of these Cinderella pumpkins as well as their rich color.
These are a great base for staking pumpkins, which I have done this year.

My all time favorite are these etched pumpkins. Now how cool is that?

All sizes of etched pumpkins are for sale, from $2 for small
orange etched pumpkins on up for really large ones.


Another one of my favorites. These just have such a cool looking two tone coloring.


Stacking the different varieties creates a great look.

The owner has a great variety of gourds to choose from and bulk prices.

One of the many Fall displays featured at this pumpkin farm to give
customers ideas of what they can do with their purchases.

Indian corn and gourds in a hanging
basket make a wonderful display.

More pumpkins outside for carving.

A huge pumpkin the owner grew.

An area in the yard that is down near a small red barn that
has even more items to choose from. Love the Fall colors.

A bean variety is climbing up the arbor in the previous photo.

Beautiful grasses blow gently in the wind.

Inside the red barn more pumpkins, Indian corn and a variety
of squash brands are for sale.

Lots of cool squash in here.


My personal favorite small squash I'm using for decorating.

This is where all of the work begins. The owner farms 5 acres of pumpkins, squash and ornamental items in Andover, Minnesota. He has erected a 6 ft. fence to keep deer out, so that they don't wreak havoc in his fields. A lot of work, but oh so very cool!
If you live anywhere near Andover, MN, I encourage you to take the time to check out this farm. You won't be sorry you did. It was very educational and so much fun. I've never had so many cool varieties of pumpkins and squash to use for Fall decorating.
May each of you reflect on what you are thankful for during this upcoming harvest season. As Americans, we have much to be grateful for and many blessings. Peace be to each of you!
Gretchen

2 comments:

  1. That was SO great! Thanx for sharing. It makes me want to grow all kinds for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that post thanks for sharing. I tried my hand at growning some pumpkins this year and will try to etch some next year. Thanks for the idea and pics. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so thankful you took the time to let me know what you think about what I write and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :)

Mimi-Toria's Design Jewelry Style