MIMI-TORIA"S DESIGNS ONLINE Square Market Online Store

Saturday, December 11, 2010

iStudio Post

I'm doing a guest
 contributor post
 over at iStudio today,
so go on over and take a peak..
but before you do
here's whats happening
in my neck of the woods.

MinneSNOWta
is in the
Middle
of a
good Old Fashioned
Snow Storm!
Blustery Winds,
Huge Snowdrifts,
Oooodles of Snow (13"+ thus far),
and Still it continues to fall.
Airports shut down...
Snowplows pulled off the roads,
a day to stay home.
Snow is pretty on the trees,
fences and landscape,
but I'm not a real fan
 of the snow and cold.
I much prefer the sun,
 and the white sand beaches.
Photos are from past weeks snowstorm, as I don't want to ruin my camera in the winds and snow to try to take current conditions.  Let's just say you can't see outside...
Photo editing with picnik.com and the combination of some of iStudio (Kim Klassen's) textures and layers she offers for free and also sells on her sites.  Just really have enjoyed learning to do this.  I hope to get better and continue to learn.  Picnik is a free photo editing site online.  Try it out!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! I sure hope my area can slip by with out all that this year, but don't think it will happen again. :( We are just not prepared for that kind of weather and I sure do not like it either.
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi gretchen well we have sunny skys and temp is 59. but last year we got hammered. so i feel your pain. stay inside and bake cookies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think, I've been complaining about my snow. We've got nothing on you. Stay warm - and keep sharing your amazing photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gretchen, I'm wondering if you live in the twin cities?
    I was at an antique shop in Elk river-where I live. I commented on the sales person who had a lovely mixed media piece, that I liked it.
    She said-this is nothing- compared to -Gretchen-and she gave me your web site. I've been drooling ever since.
    Put me on your email list for any local shows or events. I had to miss the last one in Anoka.
    Lovely work,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi gretchen just wanted you to know i posted pics of those button cards you sent me for the junk swap ;). they turned out pretty dang cool merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and your family!! We're not having blizzards or even snow flurries, but it's been a cold December! My husband has been to New York, Indiana, and several other places this last week and has been in a lot of the white stuff! He said some of the roads were pretty scary to him. We are just not used to that! Stay warm! My computer has been on the blink, so thought I would stop in while I had a chance! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gretchen,
    I have so enjoyed browsing your posts and jewelry. I love the mixture of the junk pieces so many people toss out, and the tags and ribbons.
    Thanks for your kind comments on my post. Happy belated anniverary to you as well! It's nice to know there are more true love stories out there. God had blessed me twice and I am so grateful.
    May your new year be full of more love and blessings,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete

I am so thankful you took the time to let me know what you think about what I write and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :)

Mimi-Toria's Design Jewelry Style