MIMI-TORIA"S DESIGNS ONLINE Square Market Online Store

Friday, July 17, 2009

"The French Flea Market of Anoka" July Sale

Hello! The "French Flea"sale is completed for the month of July and those of us that are vendors are already busy gathering, re purposing, painting, designing and preparing for the August sale. However, since I didn't get a chance to share anything about the "French Flea" in my blog for July, I thought I'd entice you with a few fun photos I happened to take during the past sale. Thank you to all of our customers for coming and making this another successful sale.
I've not shown the new sign on my blog yet, but it turned out really great. We went several months without a sign, but once it was completed, it definitely was worth the wait. Nicely done!
Another greeting to the customers from the vendors is written in chalk on the cool shabby chalkboard in this photo. Without customers, this wouldn't be a shop. Thanks for coming!

This is my jewelry display area in the shop. I am in the process of redesigning this area, with using furniture for the August sale rather than the burlap/black tables that I've been using, so stop back again and see what I come up with.
I use vintage frames to display my "Vintage Redesign Jewelry". I have a frame for silver necklaces and another for gold. Its interesting to see what people fall for. Note the necklace second from the right on this photo, as you'll see a detailed version of her below.

(SOLD at JB)
Update on "Clara" . Clara was featured in the Star Tribune article about my business on September 16th, 2009, and found her happy home the following day while for sale at the Junk Bonanza. A lovely lady purchased her and is now giving her a happily ever after.
This is my "Clara" necklace. She was created using a vintage bisque doll that I found "as is", broken arm, silver hair and "Clara" written across from her chest. She is the ultimate of "cute" or the ultimate of "creepy". Take your pick. Some love her and some hate her. I personally love her and feel she has many stories to tell.

This oval frame houses all of my earrings for sale, and the black rectangle to the left showcases some of the vintage redesign rings I create.

This cool piece really can showcase a lot of fun treasures.

This wonderful table and chairs sold in the first hours of the sale. It was a fabulous buy!

Lots of cool shells, seaside and/or beachy items were prevalent at this sale. This two piece white display piece sold as well and could be used as two separate pieces of furniture or used as shown together. Another great buy.

Another cool display piece. Love the wire the gals chose to display on this.

I almost bought the life guard ring for our cabin, but passed on it and let a happy customer purchase this rare find instead. You don't find many of these in Minnesota. Very cool!

I love silver! I also love the black trays with the words written on them.

This painting was recreated by Julie, our master vignette creator. She bought this canvas and than embellished it by cutting out scrap booking paper to create her bow tie and hat, and added the vintage jewelry and feathers. She was named "Dominique" and sold quite quickly. She was one of those one-of-a-kind items that Occasional Sales have become known to provide the customer.
Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. Stay tuned for the next monthly sale event at "the French Flea". Each month the shop takes on a totally different and unique look with new wonderful merchandise set up beautifully for your pleasure. It is a beautiful place to work and be surrounded by.
Next sale dates are:
August 13th (Thursday) 10-8 p.m.
August 14th (Friday) 10- 5 p.m.
August 15th (Saturday) 10-5 p.m.
August 16th (Sunday) 12-4 p.m.
I hope to see you there. Be sure to say "hi" to me if you come into the shop.

7 comments:

  1. Gretchen - I am blown away by how beautiful your shop is! The new store sign is icing on the cake!

    Candy Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pictures Gretchen....I vow to get there one day soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like things are going great at The French Flea!

    I was gone for 2 months so I missed out on reading your blog, but I wondered from time to time how things were going....

    Keep sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shop looks unbelievably gorgeous.....full of amazing finds. Your one-of-a-kind jewelry is the icing on the cake. Every time I see a piece I am amazed and in AWE of what you create Gretchen.
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of material is in the framed necklace display? is it cork board?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anonymous - It is not a typical cork board, but a faux one. I bought a large piece of material years ago that was from Menards. It has grey on one side overlaying a substance that is more durable than cork, and the other side is the color you see exposed. A friend of mine had a very large bulletin board made from this material with a nice frame for her office, and that is where I first saw the material. I would think cork board would work though, if you were to find the larger size. I hope this helps.
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi... Gretchen..

    I love jewelry...& your designs is looks beautiful :))

    ReplyDelete

I am so thankful you took the time to let me know what you think about what I write and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :)

Mimi-Toria's Design Jewelry Style